Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh Hi!

***This was actually a post from a few weeks ago. I didn't get to finish it until today. A lot has been going on lately, keeping me pretty busy and I haven't posted in awhile. My sister was pestering me to update the blog so here I am! Sometimes I just need someone to give me a good hard push to do something that I know I need to do. So do feel free to drop by to remind me :-). 

May 12 2012

Sarah is 14 weeks old now. She has been sleeping through the night since a couple weeks ago! She sucks her right thumb to sooth herself to sleep most of the time. And she's pretty consistent about her daily schedule. I think she's about to flip over soon since she's been rolling from her back to her side. Tonight I tried to play "peek-a-boo" with her. It startled her a little bit at first, her eyes were so wide opened and she paused for a few seconds that I thought she was going to cry. But then she started to laugh that I kept doing it for a few more times. FUN!


We have a stretch of pleasant, dry weather this week with mostly sunny skies in the low 70s. It sure is nice to be able to enjoy some spring weather as opposed to jumping straight into summer-like weather. Daniel had to work today so I took the kids out to this tiny town called Port Gamble, which is around 20 minutes drive from our house. It's a touristy kind of place which used to be a bustling logging town back in the 1850s. It has these well preserved original New England Victorian style houses which I love. 

These are views of the backyard of some of the buildings here, which is a huge field with a playground at the side of it. Some of these buildings which used to be houses have been turned into shops and a restaurant. 

I was actually craving for some scones (which I can just buy instead of making them myself as I normally do) and there is a little tea room place here that serves delicious scones and some other stuff that are pretty good too. But once we arrived there the boys wanted to play some soccer in that big field instead of heading straight to the tea room so Sarah and I hanged out on the side of the field near this wooden playground area. The boys made some new friends and they played kick ball for a little while before I got hungry and decided that it was time to indulge myself with some sweet stuff. 


The first time we were here was when Grammy visited us last December. I didn't post any pictures from that time since I lost all the pictures when the hard drive crashed. Since this is actually a house converted into a business place, it doesn't have much space. I'm so glad that we were seated in this room instead of the main room (which was full btw). There was nobody else in this room so it was perfect, especially when it involved a baby with three sweat smelling boys.



There are only two types of scones serve there, cranberry pecan and lemon. I ordered two of each. Unfortunately the scones were pretty dry that day. The tea was great though. Ezzat and I drank almost the whole pot. 


While waiting for me to feed Sarah, the boys went back to the field to play for a little bit more. 

The kids wanted to go to the beach and since we are living in Puget Sound, there's never a shortage of finding one within a short distance. We went to Shine Tidelands State Park which is just a few minutes away from the tea house.

Hood Canal Floating Bridge

Digging for some clams

1 comment:

  1. Geram nya tengok kecomelan Sarah..tambah plak masa video call aritu tangan dia dok lambai2..lagi la geram pasai tak bleh nak pegang Sarah..silalah rajin2kan diri kak nadiah utk update kami yang dok jauh ni..

    ReplyDelete