Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Break

This is what the boys had for breakfast this morning. I made three batches of these waffle sticks, which yielded 40 sticks and they finished them all. Tomorrow we're going to drop them off at Christa Camp at 6am (which is really near our house by the way) for them to attend Kid's Deployment Day Camp organized by the Navy. It's a one day camp where they get to pretend like they are in the Navy. They are very excited about it, asking us whether or not they need to go to bed early tonight so that they can wake up super early for tomorrow.

I took the kids out for lunch last Sunday. It was actually our first time going out together on our own since Sarah was born. Daniel is usually with us but this time he had to stay home to finish some work. I fed Sarah before we left, made sure she was cleaned and that baby was all happy and ready to go.

The kids wanted to have sushi so that's where we went. I remember the first time I introduced them to sushi, it was back in Hawaii 2 years ago. Daniel and I took them out for dinner that very night we arrived in Honolulu. They hated it and one almost threw up. But as they grow up, I guess their palates have developed over time. The great thing about last Sunday's lunch was they offered to pay their portion with their own money. Of course I said YES! But since each of them brought only a certain amount, they kept asking the waitress how much the food cost so that they won't go over budget. Sarah slept throughout the entire time we were at the restaurant.

 Pretty daffodils at the road side near the sushi place.

I stopped by at the waterfront park at Old Town Silverdale so the boys could play for a little bit and I could take Sarah out for a stroll at the beach. It was a great day sunny day but unfortunately it was too windy and chilly and the boys didn't want to stay out that long.

Our next stop, Target. Sarah needs some more diapers and I promised the boys they could check out the toy section as long as they didn't ask me to buy them anything. They're smart though.They brought extra money 'just in case', so Emir and Farhan did get some stuff from the store. Ezzat, on the hand was too worried that new toys would just clutter our garage so he is planning to have a garage sale first to get rid some of his old toys. I'm not sure if that's going to happen any time soon but we'll see.

Sarah was still sleeping.

We got home after spending almost 4 hours outside. Sarah was still sleeping when we got back. And we got some great stuff from Granny Gretchen! I love the dress Granny! Thank you so much! 

1 comment:

  1. lama dah aku dok cari waffle maker cam ni? nadiah, hg beli kat sana ka @ bw dari m'sia?

    ReplyDelete