Thursday, February 16, 2012

Updates

I've been meaning to post this entry weeks ago but never got around to actually finishing it. There has been quite a lot going on in the Bonnin's family which I don't even know where to start. There's one particular thing that happened last night that makes me feel like I wanted to scream on top of my lung out of frustration. One of the external hard drives where I kept all the pictures that I took from June 2011 until yesterday, has crashed. The night before I accidentally deleted all family pictures from my camera SD card, the ones Daniel and I took before my mom left for Malaysia. Luckily Daniel was able to recover some of them using a software that he had to purchase online. And this morning our bathroom got flooded by overflow water from our toilet and the water managed to seep through the ceiling to another bathroom downstairs and flooded it as well. Even our garage got affected. Certainly not a fun way to start our week!

The happy news is we have a new addition to our family. Sarah Nabila Bonnin was born on Feb 3, 2012 at 8.21am, only 2 days shy from Maulidur Rasul. She was 1.5oz short of 7lb and 19.5" long. Daniel has been snorgling her ever since. She's certainly going to be her daddy's little girl. As expected, there are physical and emotional exhaustion involved, and my very productive milk glands are running my life nowadays. Sarah can be pretty demanding when it comes to feeding. She wants to nurse almost every hour. But this is not as hard as feeling bleary eyed and groggy all day long due to sleep deprivation, which is again - already anticipated. Thankfully, her brothers are old enough to be independent and do not need so much supervision. They've been helping me with  housework long before Sarah was born; cleaning their dirty dishes, vacuuming, emptying the trash, folding their clothes, making their bed, and cleaning their room and their bathroom. Daniel has been such a great helper too. He takes care of a few house chores for me and he certainly does not have any problems with changing dirty diapers especially in the middle of the night.

Sarah on her birth day - Feb 3 2012. The labor went very quick that there was not enough time for an epidural despite the fact I was planning to have one. Although it took me 40 minutes from the start of contractions to delivery, it felt like eternity. Once my water bag was broken, I went from having almost nonexistent contractions to having full blown contractions right on top of each other. Despite having had 3 previous vaginal births, I still wasn't prepared mentally. It was nerve wrecking especially when I started to feel my body started to push involuntarily and there was nothing I could do to slow down the process.

 Sleeping peacefully after being cleaned by some excellent nurses.

The boys were thrilled to finally meet their sister that evening. Ezzat especially has been asking to hold his little sister every time he sees an opportunity. 

  The boys with their Tok. Emir and Farhan were busy watching TV.

Feeling much better the next morning.

 We were so ready to go home after being in the hospital for 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Bezday Sarah sama dgn Kak Nurul.. hehee..

    ReplyDelete