Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Saturday!

I'm so craving for this.

And these.

Instead we had this.

I am pining for this just because it's winter and I love the white stuff and winter just doesn’t seem right without it.

 But we have this. That's ok, revelling in the joys of greenery is not so bad either. Of course minus the cold and wet weather.

Daniel is gone all day today. He had a gig in Seattle this morning with the Navy Band and then later in the evening a gig with a local group called Rude & Unprofessional in Bainbridge Island. So it's just me and the boys today. They woke up pretty early, had breakfast and did everything they need to do first before they are allowed to play. It started with reading, then some math exercises on their school website called IXL, then on to math flash cards, and finishing whatever homework that they haven't finished last night. They already used up their computer/game time today and right now they're watching some TV while eating popcorn after we had lunch.

Woke up to see them in their choice of clothing for today. Grammy got these for them last Christmas.

Apparently I missed blogging the actual first day Grammy was here. It was on Dec 20th. A very cloudy day that day so we decided to just chill at home, which was actually pretty nice despite being cooped up in the house all day. Grammy did some cute craft projects with the boys. 

 Ezzat's octopus, with different eye sizes.

I was busy making a bed skirt for the baby crib for 2 straight days. I bought a pattern for it thinking that it's going to be a quick easy project. The problem was it's for a full size crib and the one we have is a mini crib. My sewing teacher helped me adjusting the pattern size and showed me how to do the dust ruffles. I am pretty slow when it comes to sewing, especially when I really want to have a super neat work in the end. So I spent 3 hours in the class (the actual class time is 90 minutes but Tammy, my teacher was nice enough to let me stay for another 90 minutes)  just sewing all the parts together and serged everything that needs to be serged and still I wasn't able to finish the whole thing. It looks simple enough for a beginner like me but seriously it's a nightmare. I took it home, tried to sew it by myself and thank god it's finished now! I almost gave up considering how much seam ripping I had to endure.

The end product. I laid the bed skirt on our bed to see how it looks like. I haven't put it on the crib since there are still some parts that need to be serged and I have to wait for the next class to do that.

 Next project, a baby quilt!

2 comments:

  1. The galettes look so yummie indeed! I love them. Should make them some day again I guess.
    But I think your breakfast looked great as well.
    Love the photo of the boys.
    And how awesome that grammy does crafts with the boys. I like that!
    And I love the colors you choose for the crib skirt as well as for the quilt (love quilts!)... I understand the nightmare though ;)

    ReplyDelete