Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 Highlights - Part 1

Happy New Year! Is it too late to wish? I know we're already in the fifth day of 2011 but then again, I'm always overdue on almost every post that I put on here. It's like time flies so fast from day to day that sometimes I make myself stop for awhile to think about whether or not I have  had a productive day. The kids are back in school, husband is back to work, house is quiet again for half of the day, and I'm back to the pre-holiday routines. New year resolutions? I don't really have any. Well, I sort of have them at the back of my mind, but let's just keep it that way :-).

We have a new addition to the Mukthi family - Nadyn Shahnaz! She was born on Dec 15, 2010 and she's the first daughter to my brother Nasfi and his wife Sherina Shahnaz. And she's also the first granddaughter in our family. Mother and daughter both share the same middle name, CUTE! I can't wait to meet you Nadyn - probably sometime this year? I don't know for sure but all I can say now is Insyallah. Living far away from our family can be pretty trying sometimes. We have missed quite a few important occasions since we left Malaysia. But to all my family and friends, please know that we are always thinking of all of you. 

Nicked these pictures from my sister's blog and FB.



 My brother, Nasfi and his wife, Shahnaz and their baby, Nadyn Shahnaz.

My dad and Shahnaz


My sister, Nabila took this video when my family when to Shahnaz's house to visit the new grandchild. In this video, my father let Nadyn tasted a little bit pureed date (following the Sunnah of the Prophet PBUH).


A slide show of Nasfi's wedding back in Mar 2009 which I've never put up on the blog. Feeling a bit nostalgic today after seeing all these pictures.

Speaking of weddings, my youngest brother Najmi got engaged on Dec 26 2010 to Dhiya Izwin. The wedding would probably be somewhere in July this year. Congratulations to you both!


2 comments: