Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hurricane Ridge, WA

I still have tons of pictures from our Malaysia trip that need to be updated. But for the time being, here are some pictures from our recent visit to the mountain. 

Aug 31, 2013

I woke up to a beautiful morning today. The weather was perfect and it would be such as a waste to just stay inside and do the packing. We're moving in 18 days and there are so many things that haven't been packed up yet. I told Daniel that I wanted to go to Hurricane Ridge just because it was on my mind for quite some time since I saw some pictures of it on my friend's Facebook. We did go there in 2011 during winter and it was so pretty. But it was too cold for us back then. We didn't properly dressed for the weather and thus didn't explore the place at all. Unfortunately, Daniel already had some other plans so he didn't want to go. So it was just me, Sarah and my dad. 

It took us approximately 2.5 hours to get there. But with nice views along the way it didn't feel that long to me. I think my dad enjoyed it too. As for Sarah, she slept for the most part on the way there so that was such a relief. Being stuck in the car seat for a long time is not something she looks forward to. 

My dad has a thing for old stuff so when I asked him if he wanted to stop and look at this flea market, he right way agreed to it. The sign said the flea market is held every Saturday from 8 am - 4 pm from May to September. We got there around 2.30 pm so there weren't many vendors left. But still it was a fun thing to do. 

Breathtaking view of the Olympic Mountains from the parking lot. We got here probably between 3.30pm - 4.30 pm. There was quite a crowd but we didn't have any problem finding a parking space. 


Tok Wan and Sarah, on the way to the visitor center.

Enjoying her cracker amidst the great view

The visitor center from afar

We had a quick snack at the Snack Bar inside the visitor center. The fish and chips was pretty descent albeit on the expensive side.

Love the different shades of blue.

She got a teddy marmot from Tok Wan from the souvenir shop. 

My Abah aka Tok Wan

Photo: http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/resort/999988375/WA/Hurricane_Ridge.htm
I decided to just do a short hike and thought that the Big Meadow Loop was the perfect one. We headed to the Overlook and then continued to Cirque Rim trail, passing the start of Sunrise Point trail and back to the parking lot. These trails are paved and easy, perfect for children. I really wanted to go to Sunrise Point but it is a dirt trail and it would be quite challenging with the stroller. 

The view on our way to the Overlook.

We met some of the meadow's residents. 



She loves her marmot.

View of of the Overlook. From here you can see part of Port Angeles, the Straits of Juan de Fuca and Vancouver Island, B.C



We can see ski lift from the Cirque Rim trail.

The Cirque Rim trail

Abah is reading some information about the trail

The Big Meadow


Going back

Saw a couple more  these guys


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos!! And what a great trip you made. It looks like such an inspiring place to go and so pretty indeed!
    Love the photos of Sarah, she has grown so much!
    And I love how you can see you are all related ;)

    ReplyDelete