Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daryl's House

I'm really lagging in my blog updates and I feel terrible about it. As much as I want to frequently update my far away families and friends about what we're up to in our lives, I am constantly putting it off  to do other stuff.  There are a couple of things that have been taking up my time lately. New things that are pretty exciting to me so I basically spend most of my time doing just that. So for those of you who have been constantly following and checking in on the blog, I thank you. I appreciate it very much.

Now back to the post. Daryl is Daniel's friend from work. We were invited to his house for a housewarming party a long time ago (actually a few weeks after we got here from Hawaii). So this is a pretty rusty entry. He bought this house with a huge yard, it's unbelievable! For the great price he paid for it, I think he and his family are extremely lucky to own the place. 


 The front yard. Wait there's more to it. 



 How awesome is this yard?

It comes with a miniature windmill.


There's a peacock roaming freely around the area. Daryl told us the peacock is already there when he moved in with his family. The quirky bird would come and go as he please, sometimes venturing into his neighbors' yard, but will always come back at night. We didn't see the peacock that day but we did  find a couple of his colorful feathers laying on the ground.




The backyard

The backyard is equally large as the front, if not larger. The previous owner left a few nice raised vegetable garden beds and a shade. There is also a huge man's cave/workshop adjacent to the house with a porch separating the two. The sweet thing about it is that the previous owner left some of his tools in there! I should have taken some pictures of it.


 Love how green and thick the mosses are

There were no other children there except Daryl's son who is 2 years old. They played with him and his toys for awhile and then sat down on the couch the whole time, watching Disney's Prince of Egypt.


 This is Daryl's son, Nate.

 He's one happy boy.



We didn't eat anything since it was Ramadan and we were fasting. But we came anyway because we wanted to meet Daryl and his family and to see his house. We thought of having our Iftar (breaking fast) at the party but unfortunately we had to go back early due to my allergy. I think that's my worst allergy attack in a long time. Daryl has a few cat pets and after spending some time inside the house, I started to sneeze constantly. And then my eyes, throat and skin started to feel itchy. Then coughing spells followed by wheezing. I usually stay away from any furry animals and did not have any supply of allergy pills on hand. But I guess within the enclosed space, the allergen were pretty much everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment