Thursday, January 13, 2011

2010 Highlights - Part 3

Still about Christmas at the Millers. They have a really nice house with an amazing view of Mount Hood. If you were to stand in front of the big windows at the living room you would be able to see a clear sight of the mountain.

Front view. I love the big pine trees around the area. This place reminds me of Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. 


The side view going down hill. Simply breathtaking.

See those holes? They were made by moles and they're all over the place.

The backyard. I can imagine what summer would be like. FUN!

These are the babies of the house. Look at how healthy they are! So chubby! I think there are four of them in total if I'm not mistaken. The first one in the picture is Noel, a pretty shy cat and she is Uncle Don's baby. I'm not so sure if the next one is Shamu or another cat that looks pretty much the same with black and white fur. I know one of them has seven toes on his front paws instead of five. And then there's this white persian cat named Snowflake. Didn't get any picture of her though. I love cats but unfortunately since I left college god knows how many years that has been, I've developed some kind of allergy towards all hairy animals so I can't play with them anymore :-(.


I love the interior part of the house. The big windows, the fire place, the wood floor, the soothing green wall, the sofas, just to name a few.

The love of randomness

At one point before noon all of us gathered together in the living room to open our presents. The Millers with their children - Kristi and her husband Kevin, Staci and her beau, and the youngest daughter Briana and  the five of us. Here's Uncle Don unwrapping his.

Me with Aunt Dottie and the boys

Aunt Dottie looked so cheerful!

Three pretty sisters - Kristi, Staci and Briana.

Apart from some books, the boys got a rubber animal each from Aunt Dottie. Thank you so much! A spider for Emir which he really loves, a realistic looking bat for Farhan and a scorpion for Ezzat. They all end up in Emir's toy box  now because he's really into animals nowadays and he plays with them more than his brothers. He is currently the 'zookeeper' for his classroom, helping his teacher feeding  their class pets and he even requested for a real Tarantula as a pet which unfortunately would never be approved by his mother.


A feast on the eyes and stomach - appetizers and desserts. I am pretty sure I was busy helping myself with food that I had totally forgotten to take pictures of the main stuff. 

This is Miss Chloe. She is three (if  I'm not mistaken) and she is one very smart girl. She is the daughter of Uncle Don's niece, Jessica. 

I hope to meet you again Miss Chloe.

This is Carter. He is Miss Chloe's brother. And I fell in love with his chubby cheeks.

I had a great time snapping these pictures of Carter but it was hard to choose which ones to put on here. So I decided to put up them all!

Such a happy and very inquisitive baby



We had a Bingo blast. The last time I played the game was a long time ago when I was in primary school. It was fun especially when it's with families and the boys, especially Emir and Ezzat enjoyed the game very much. Ezzat even got Bingo twice! Farhan on the other hand  had a hard time focusing. He got pretty edgy towards the end of the day so he went to take a short nap until it was time for us to go home.


 Emir was practicing his new job as a Bingo caller and Uncle Don was supervising him.

These adorable children are Aunt Dottie's and Uncle Don's grandchildren. 



4 comments:

  1. Nampak best je kan. Nyaman dan cozy. Salam kenalan dari saya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum 'SewCut'. Terima kasih singgah ke blog saya. Are you a designer/tailor/studying fashion? I saw your blog and it looks interesting. I've always want to sew but never get the chance to learn. Salam perkenalan dari saya jugak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a self-taught designer/tailor. Berpengalaman lebih 10 tahun. I ada tengok Nadee sekeluarga pakai Baju kurung and melayu masa raya tu hari. Bawak dari Malaysia ke? Lain kali boleh tempah kat saya je. Nadee ada Facebook ke? E-mail ke? Senand nak correspond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum SewCut, email saya: nadiah_abdulmukthi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete